Please note, this event clashes with our own National!
Standard Motor Club sends out invite to all our members:
Dear Standard Triumph Enthusiasts,
Following on from last summer’s huge success at Wyboston, I am writing to tell you about the arrangements for the 52nd Standard International Rally. This is based at the 4 star Stratford Manor Hotel on the Warwick Road, 3 miles from Stratford on Avon.
We would like to invite members of Clubs within the Standard Triumph Forum to join us for some or all of the event. Entry forms can be downloaded from the Standard Motor Club website, www.standardmotorclub.org
We have assembled a most interesting programme of events, including:
- A guided tour around the Morgan Motors factory at Malvern
- A formal book launch for the “Book of the Standard Motor Company” by world renowned motoring author, Graham Robson,
- Friday evening Barbeque
- A leisurely road run through the Warwickshire countryside, including lunch and a tour of Broughton Castle, home of Lord and Lady Saye and Sele
- A formal Dinner with an after dinner speech by Malcolm Harbour, the local Member for the European Parliament, ( who has responsibility for the Classic Car movement in Brussels)
- Static Rally with prizes presented by members of the Maudslay Family
Entry to the Rally costs just £10 per car and all occupants – which gives entry to all three days events. Bed and breakfast or full accommodation packages, meals and tours are all available separately so you can join in with as much or as little as you wish. We cannot guarantee places on the Morgan tour or that accommodation will be available at the prices quoted after May 14th 2011 and the closing date for inclusion in the programme is also May 14th 2011. However we will be happy to take entries for the static rally on the Sunday on the day.
I look forward to greeting you at Stratford.
Paul M. S. Newsome
Standard Motor Club